Sunday, February 10, 2013

Costa Rica Day 8 - Arenal

Brochure:  Today you get to choose from 3 amazing experiences! Explore Arenal Volcano Rain Forest by horseback, see it from above on a zip-line, or soak in the soothing waters of one of the region’s famous hot springs • You may explore the Arenal Volcano Rain Forest on horseback, crossing rivers and following the trails, enjoying views of the San Carlos plains and the amazing lava paths of the majestic Arenal Volcano • Or, choose to go to Arenal Volcano Rain Forest for an amazing zip-line canopy tour • Gain a bird's-eye-view of the endless primary forest, Lake Arenal and the majestic Arenal Volcano • Or, soak away your worries in the luxurious soothing waters of one of the region's famous hot springs.
--------------------
1p I'm sitting here in the shade at my private pool, relaxing after a wonderful trail ride up the foothills of the volcano. That was a lot of fun, but my knees didn't like it too much. I may be getting too old to ride horses any more, unless they are really skinny ones. I'm going to just relax until later this pm when we head over to the hot springs.

I guess Heather got off ok this morning. Haven't seen Emily all day, she slept in this morning and I'm too tired to walk over to her room and check on her. When we get to the next place tomorrow I'll be rooming with her instead of Janet, unless they fight over who gets me or who has to take me.

The hot springs was great, I'm so relaxed now I can barely stand up. All of us Texas people went and we had pina colladas and got silly.





No comments: