Sunday, February 17, 2008

Email from Melissa

Since Melissa hasn't been so good about blogging I'll post her interesting emails here. Just got this one:

HEY!!!

This is actually the first time I've gotten on the internet since I've been here! And now it's the last day!
I've had a lot of fun. They split us up into groups of 10 so we got to know each other better and we'd do stuff with our group. The first day we just got a tour of the college and the university and we walked around Lygon street. The second day we went to this zoo (another one, ugh) and saw platypus and tasmanian devil and all the other good ones. Yesterday we stayed at the beach for about 7 hours and we went SURFING!! it was sooo fun! I actually stood up about 4 or 5 times and we were out there for about an hour and a half. I was proud of myself! AND i re-applied sunscreen about a billion times so I'm not very burned, just like patches where I missed. Today we're just taking it easy, we went to the immigration museum and we have lunch at 1230. Then we get about 5 hours of free time until our formal farewell dinner, so I'm gonna move some of my stuff into my apartment.

Well that's about it...im having a great time and I'm not dead! sorry it's been about 4 days since you've heard from me! love you,

melissa

No comments: